Who will teach us?
I am your class teacher, Miss Hall, and we are very lucky to be supported by Miss Williams and Mrs Fryer. Mrs Hammond and Mrs Wilson will teach you when I am out of class on Monday afternoons for planning time, and Mr Calver will teach you PE. We are all delighted to share your learning journey through Year 6 (the most exciting year of all!)
If you are new to our wonderful school community, you can find out more about me by clicking my profile link below.
What is our typical school week like?
Our normal timetable of learning includes:
Reading Workshop, English and Maths each morning. Our afternoons are busy with all of our various subjects - Science, History/Geography, Art/DT, PSHE, RE, French, Computing and Music.
We are very fortunate to practice yoga weekly with (Yoga-Jo) *start date TBC, and have weekly CC1 sessions with Mr Charlie and Mr Carmichael where we are taught all-important first aid, life-saving skills, resilience and team-work.
What do I need to remember and on which days?
- PE: Please wear your PE kit into school every Monday and Friday.
- Pencil case: Please bring in a named pencil case. This will remain in school on your desk. Contents may include: black handwriting pen, wipe-board pen, writing pencil, sharpener, rubber, colouring pencils, felt tips, ruler, glue stick, scissors. Please do not worry if you don't have any of these items - we will have them in class. Please do not include more items than you actually need, nor items which might distract us from our learning, such as scented pens and rubbers, humongous sharpeners, or toys!
- Water bottle: Please bring in a named water bottle (filled with water only please). You may keep this on your desk and refill it from our class tap if needed during the day.
- Homework: Times tables (5 mins per day), spellings (5 mins per day), reading bingo and a separate task will be given to you each Friday. Please complete this via seesaw or in your homework book by the following Friday.
- Please also read daily for at least ten minutes (including at least 5 mins to an adult). Log at least four reading journal entries each week by Thursday (this will also gain you an entry in to our prize draw to win a book of your choice!)