Leiston Primary School Nursery
We are committed to do the very best for every child. We strive to provide an environment that is child centred, one that captures the imagination and curiosity of all children and promotes learning through their play.
Helping our children to become confident and accomplished lifelong learners.
At Leiston Primary School Nursery we believe Child-initiated play supports children to develop their own ideas and be in control of their learning. It enables them to learn through first-hand experiences and to develop their resilience and independence.
Your child will:
· Have access to high-quality continuous provision that is planned to meet the needs of the children throughout a session.
· Have a Qualified teacher-led session.
· Adults who know your child's next step, playing alongside them, challenging and teaching throughout the play.
· Weekly sessions to develop their Personal, Social and Emotional Development.
· Targeted Communication and Language activities.
· Taught cookery and gardening skills.
· A range of sessions, which include the funded 15 hours, 30 hours sessions (where eligible) and the option to add extra paid sessions.
“I was amazed by how much progress my child made at Little Avocet Nursery. She loved going and it really helped with the transition into the Reception class this year”
"Seeing my child's excitement on a Nursery day and the smile on his face"
"Thank you for making our little man so safe and happy."
Leiston Primary School Nursery key information booklet
Virtual tour of our learning environment.
At Leiston Primary School we have a wonderful Nursery offering a wide range of learning experiences for your child. Your child is entitled to 15 hours a week in Nursery and we offer this in range of session options; Mornings, afternoons or full days. We are also able to offer 30 hour full time places provided parents are eligible and can provide the school with the required code.
Our Nursery sessions run between 8:30 - 3:30
A 3 hour morning session: 8:30- 11:30
A lunch session 11:30-12:30 (There is an additional charge for these sessions). Parents will need to provide their child with a packed lunch and pay £1.75 for a lunch session or purchase a school meal for £4.20, this includes a school meal and the lunch session.
A 3 hour afternoon session: 12:30-3:30
For an additional charge of £13.00 a session you can request extra sessions for your child to attend.
If you would like to apply for a place at our fantastic Nursery please fill in the application form below and bring it along to our school office with a copy of your child's birth certificate.
We will be in contact with you just before your child can start in our Nursery to confirm session requirements and dates of settling in sessions.