Intervention and Pastoral Support Assistant Post
Avocet Academy Trust
The role would encompass working with individuals and small groups to deliver interventions under the supervision and direction of the Assistant Head Teacher with responsibility for Pastoral Support and include mental health, emotional wellbeing and SEND intervention. You will work closely with the wider Pastoral support team and stakeholders to bring about improved outcomes for children.
You would be expected to:
Support for pupils
- Teach children strategies to regulate their emotions, enabling them to focus on their learning
- Build relationships with some of our most vulnerable children
- Directly support children who have been overtaken by their emotions.
- Liaise with all stakeholders concerned to bring about improved outcomes for these children.
Support for staff
- Work with classroom staff to develop and implement appropriate and effective strategies to support high standards of behaviour.
- Directly intervene (where necessary) with children to enable a calm working environment.
- Assist teaching staff to ensure that the aims and objectives of the school and Academy are achieved.
- Work closely with the Senior mental health lead and SENDCO.
Support for school
- Support parents through the early help process.
- Attend and contribute to appropriate review meetings, if required by the Head Teacher.
The duties and responsibilities of any post may change from time to time, and post holders may be expected to carry out other work not explicitly mentioned above which is considered to be appropriate to the level of responsibility vested in the post.
Leiston Primary School
Together we Nurture Excellence through Aspiration
Two Support Role Vacancies Available
Temporary Fixed Term Teaching Assistant Post
30 hours per week Mon-Fri 8:45 – 3:15pm
Scale point 3 - £18,562 (Pro-rata)
Temporary Fixed term January 2022 – 31/08/2022
Temporary Fixed Term Midday Supervisor Post
5 hours per week Mon – Fri 11:30am – 12:30pm
Temporary Fixed Term January 2022 – 31/8/2021
Are you passionate about the development of children?
Have you got a Growth Mindset to help children grow and succeed?
Do you have high aspirations for all children?
Are you dedicated to listening to the child’s voice and helping to keep them safe?
We are part of Avocet Academy Trust, a group of five rural schools where our strong philosophy puts the child at the centre of everything we do and we value collaboration and challenge to achieve this both across our School and across the Trust.
We are currently looking for a Teaching Assistant in Key Stage 2 and a Midday Supervisor to support our Early Years Department.
Our school is a caring environment rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted in 2017. We are always driving forwards with our journey to improve and develop the provision for the children in our local community. We support pupils from a range of backgrounds and we are looking for dedicated individuals who have high expectations of pupil behaviour, progress, attainment and possibly experiences working with children with additional needs. This is an exciting opportunity for two individuals to join our team as part of our ever growing and thriving School community.
Benefits of working for Avocet Academy Trust include being part of a highly supported team including access to The Hub which was launched in 2021; a centre of professional development and research for our group of schools, high quality training opportunities using high levels of expertise from both inside and outside of our organisation and enrolment to the Local Government Pension scheme.
Avocet Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.
Application forms can be downloaded and should be accompanied by a CV and letter of application and sent to the school office by post or email the office – email@example.com